– SPORTS COORDINATOR
TERM: One year with the ability to renew.
The Wolastoqey Tribal Council Inc (WTCI) is a not-for-profit organization whose role is to provide capacity building opportunities for its five member communities within New Brunswick (Matawaskiye, Wotstak, Bilijk, Sitansisk and Welamukotuk), in the areas of: Health, Education, Training and Employment, Governance and Emergency Management).
WTCI is currently seeking to hire a Sports Coordinator to assist in developing sports programming for our Wolastoqey communities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a WTCI Sports Coordinator, you will:
- Work collaboratively with community recreation programs and community schools.
- Engage and build relationships with relevant outside organizations.
- Locate and apply for sport funding opportunities.
- Coordinate and manage existing WTCI sporting programs; Fall hockey program, Girls Get Active program, intro to golf skills, and Jays Cares Rookie League.
- Research, planning, development, and implementation of new programming
- Coach and train sport specific skills.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes fun, participation, and skills development.
- Oversee and maintain program budgets and reporting requirements.
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of or pursuing relevant college/university program (Kinesiology, Sport Management, Exercise Science) OR demonstrated knowledge in the sports sector.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sporting operations, programs, and protocols
- Experience working within Wolastoqey culture, language, and traditions.
- Experience in First Nation community engagement and a proven ability to take initiative.
- Able to work alone and in a team, with strong interpersonal communication abilities.
- Dedication to continued improvement, growth, and skill development.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel to the six Wolastoqey communities.
- Experience in managing budgets and reporting is an asset.
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Remuneration is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Wolastoqey Tribal Council offers competitive salary and benefits to our employees. Working location is New Brunswick.
Applications should be submitted in confidence via email, with the subject line “Sports Coordinator” to: email@example.com. or indeed.com. The deadline for application is October 3rd, 2023.
WTCI hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply; however, qualified Indigenous applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. Please self identify.
Note: Personal suitability will also be considered during the hiring process. WTCI may consider candidates that initially may not have all the experience and knowledge requirements. In that case, training and development opportunities will be identified for the candidate’s long-term success.
Candidates who currently hold elected political office will not be considered for this position.